Now that the premier has updated the rules about indoor pools (as we hoped he might), we are able to open the Glasshouse pool and gym as of Monday 11 October.
The new rules state:
- All roadmap freedoms at 70% and 80% will continue to be for fully vaccinated people only.
- From Monday 11 October, indoor pools will be re-opened for swimming lessons, squad training, lap swimming, and rehab activities.
So the Glasshouse pool and gym will be open from Monday with the following conditions:
- Only fully-vaccinated adults (over the age of 16) or those with a medical exemption;
- Children under the age of 16 are allowed but must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult;
- You must book with security, and collect a fob from the gatehouse, by showing ID and a vaccination certificate (or medical exemption);
- Only 5 people in the pool (one per lane) at a time;
- Only 5 people in the gym at a time;
- No personal trainers in the gym – residents only;
- One person per 4 square metres;
- The aquarobics group (maximum 20) will have exclusive use of the pool Tuesday and Friday 10-11am, and the organiser must check that everyone is fully vaccinated;
- The change rooms will be kept closed. Please come ready to swim and leave immediately you have finished.