In response to the concerns of many regular (and responsible) gym and pool users, the arrangements have been reviewed.
We wish to stress that the decision to close the Glasshouse pool and gym temporarily was made out of frustration with some residents not supporting the objective of protecting our community, thus spoiling it for everyone.
We have reconsidered the decision and, after meeting with members of the IT sub-committee, estate management and security, have been able to develop a plan that we trust will only allow access to the pool and gym by residents who have booked in accordance with the rules.
- Bookings will be strictly 50 minutes – eg 2.05 to 2.55. Users must then leave the area promptly.
- The pool will be limited to 5 lanes – 1 person per lane for 50 minutes.
- The gym will be limited to 3 people for 50 minutes. No personal trainers will be permitted.
- A booking system similar to the tennis court bookings will be developed. Residents will be able to view available times on the Jacksons Landing website, but must book a time with security or estate management.
- All current swipes for the Glasshouse will be disabled.
- Residents with a booking must collect a swipe from security. This will provide access to the pool and gym. The swipe must be returned to security at the end of the session.
- The change rooms will remain closed as we cannot guarantee hygiene or physical distancing.
- The pool and gym will remain open, and previous notices should be disregarded.
- All bonafide users should advise security of any person they suspect of using the facilities without having booked a time.
These arrangements are currently being developed and will be rolled out during next week. This website will be updated as required.
We trust that these measures will resolve the overcrowding which has occurred when people fail to book the facilities as requested.
Community Association Executive