The Rum Store building was originally constructed in about 1879. It was an important part of CSR's operations, but it seems it was never actually used to store rum. In more recent times it was used as offices for CSR engineers and also housed a cafeteria, library and concert hall for CSR workers. Photos of these facilities are displayed inside the building today.
More photos of the old Rum Store building can be found on the History page.
The building was restored in 2000 and converted to 13 apartment units, retaining the original hardwood beams, cast iron columns and windows, and sandstone windowsills.
The Rum Store bylaws and other information for owners and residents is available via the right hand menu on this page. General information about Jacksons Landing which also applies to the Rum Store is provided on the left hand side of the page.